There are ways you can save money on your printing costs:
1. When purchasing an inkjet printer see if you can get the ink cartridge yield for it. Use that and the cost of purchasing a new cartridge to determine the cost per page to print.
2. Consider purchasing a more expensive printer if you are purchasing an inkjet one. You will pay more initially but your printing cost per page is likely to be less.
3. Buy cartridges from a 3rd party. They usually but not always work very well and are much less expensive than buying the cartridges made by the printer manufacturer.
4. Most color printers today have more than 1 cartridge for printing color. Only purchase a printer that has more than 1 cartridge for printing color. Don’t purchase a printer with a single separate cartridge for color printing.
5. Purchase a laser printer. If you only print in black and do not need a printer to copy, scan or fax you can get a laser printer for as low as about $100. They use toners instead of cartridges and do not need to be replaced as often.
6. Most printers allow you to print in a “Draft” quality. If what you are printing is not important, you may wish to print in a “Draft” quality. Just make sure to change it when the print job needs to be printed with a better quality.
7. Amazon generally has the best prices for replacement cartridges so consider purchasing your replacement cartridges there.
8. You do not always have to print in color. My printer has an option to print in black/greyscale which will save printing costs.
9. Some manufacturers of which Epson is one, offer both a regular and high capacity print cartridge. Purchasing the high capacity print cartridge will lower your cost per page of printing.
If you want to know more about more about printing issues or other technology issues, I can be contacted at (917) 572-3468 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Feel free to join the conversation and post comments and questions on my Facebook page at Computer Concierge NY LLC . There also are tips there to better use your computer, smartphone, iPad and other technology you may have or are thinking of buying.
One final word. I have not received or been promised payment for mentioning any of the products or websites noted in any way, shape or form.
Computer Concierge NY LLC provides expert computer and technology services in the Queens, NY area. This includes Albertson, Bayside, Bayside Hills, Bay Terrace, Bellerose, College Point, Douglaston, Floral Park, Flushing, Forest Hills, Great Neck, Jamaica Estates, Kew Gardens, Kings Point, Lake Success, Manhasset, Mineola, Munsey Park, New Hyde Park, North Hills, North Shore Towers, Oakland Gardens, Plandome, Rego Park, Roslyn, The Bay Club, Thomaston, University Gardens, Williston Park, Whitestone and Other Areas in the Bayside NY vicinity. Our web services are provided worldwide.