- Prescriptions – Do you struggle to remember all prescriptions prescription medication you are taking? Well take a picture of it and store it on your smartphone. When your doctor or other medical professional asks what medications you are taking, it is right there on your phone.
- Serial Numbers – Remember when you had to go to the back of that new appliance, radio (old days here), TV etc and write down the serial number in a memo pad or something like it. Today you can take a picture of the item in question and store it on your phone. If you ever need it, it can be readily found.
- Remembering Your Parking Spot – Are you prone to forgetting where you parked in a parking lot? Where the spot is marked, take a picture and keep it on your phone till you leave. If you are parking on the street, take a picture of the closest intersection to where you are parked.
- Travel Documents – What if while you are away you lose your drivers license, passport, etc? Take a picture of these important documents and email them to yourself. Now if the unforeseen happens you can at least get copies of them. What I did here is to email a picture of these documents to myself. I then saved them in a password protected file and can get them in an emergency.
- Picture of Your Car’s License Plate – If you are one of those people who has difficulty remember your car’s license plate number, take a picture of it and save it on your phone. Now when you fill out a form requiring it you just refer to your phone.
- Your wireless network information – When friends come over, they usually ask me for my wireless network information. Rather than going to my router for this information, I take my phone out and simply get the information from it.
- In case of accident – you just got involved in an auto accident. Hopefully nothing more serious than a fender bender. Rather than describing the damage, take pictures of it.
- Before taking and leaving that Rent A Car – Use it to document scratches and dents before taking the car from the rental agency. This could be used as additional support for the form you fill out prior to taking the car from the rental agency. Before returning it, it is a good idea to take a video or still pictures of all areas of the car in case the rental agency tries to charge you for damages not done while you had the car. Also, take a picture of the license plate to remember when you check into a hotel or when you are trying to find your parked rental.
- Home inventory – It is a good idea to have current pictures of all the rooms and contents in your home in case you should ever need to file a claim with the insurance company for a fire or theft loss.
- If you are a pet owner, keep a picture of your pet and their ID tags. Should your pet ever get lost, you have an instant picture of him or her and a picture of their tags as well.
If you wish to know more about using smartphone camera or other technology issues I can be reached at (917) 572-3468 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
These are just 10 ways that you can use your smartphone camera to make your life more simple. What other ways have you put your smartphone camera to good use? Please share.
And remember you can get my blog and newsletter right to your inbox by filling out the form below.
Computer Concierge NY LLC operates in Queens NYC. We provide expert computer repair, computer training and other technology services in the Queens NYC area. This includes Queens| Bayside| Bellerose| College Point| Douglaston| Floral Park| Flushing| Forest Hills| Great Neck| Jackson Heights| Jamaica Estates| Kew Gardens| Manhattan| New Hyde Park| North Hills| North Shore Towers| Rego Park| The Bay Club| Williston Park| Whitestone and Other Areas in the Bayside New York vicinity. These include zip codes: 10003| 10017| 11005| 11020| 11021| 11022| 11023| 11030| 11355| 11356| 11357| 11358| 11360| 11361| 11362| 11363| 11364| 11367| 11374| 11375| 11415| 11418| 11423| 11426| 11427| 11432 Our online services are provided in NYC as well as worldwide.