• Crossing delancey – the words crossing and delancey
• “Crossing delancey” – the exact phrase Crossing delancey
• Crossing –delancey - the word crossing but NOT the word delancey
• define:crossing/definition:crossing – definitions of the word crossing. Both define: and definition: are acceptable when searching in Google for definitions.
• phonebook: Joseph Torre NY – phone listings of all those named Joseph Torre in New York.
• stocks:pfe – find Pfizer’s current stock price.
• movie: the blind side 11360 – show show times in or near zip code 11360 for the blind side
• weather:11360 – weather and forecast for zip code 11360
• Site:cnn.com obama – search cnn.com for all information on obama. This can be done for all websites. “Site: “ only searches on the website or domain indicated in the search parameter.
• Crossing#or#delancey – the words crossing or delancey
• Crossing#and#delancey – the words crossing and delancey – this is another way to search for the words crossing and delancey. Using “#and#” in your search is great for searching where you are more than one phrase, term, etc. For example “Tom Seaver”#and#”world series”. Google will search for where the terms “Tom Seaver” and “world series” occur. It is not case sensitive.
Did you know you can do arithmetic calculations using the Google search bar?
Using + - / * keys, you can do basic adding, subtraction, division or multiplication functions. In the search bar put in “2*3+5” and your search will return the correct value of 11.
You can also use Google to convert units in measurements. For example typing “3 tbsp to cup” and hitting the enter key gives a result of 0.1875 cups.
Google is a very good search engine and by following some of the suggestions noted can speed up what you truly are searching for.