1. You can set up LinkedIn where only you can see your connections. There is nothing wrong with this. However you can block others from seeing your connections but you still can see theirs. That is unless they also are not allowing others to see their connections. The purpose of LinkedIn is so that people can see each other’s connections and connect where applicable. LinkedIn could rectify this where if you don’t allow others to see your connections, you cannot see who your connections are connected to. Note here: LinkedIn notes that others can see who endorses you and connections they share with you. This is the exception.
2. When a person gives you a LinkedIn recommendation, they are asked to give three top qualities about the person from a prepared list. These three top qualities do not show on the recommendation itself though. Why doesn’t LinkedIn show these three top qualities? I believe at one time they did but do not do so any longer. LinkedIn should show these qualities in the recommendation in addition to what the person writes about you.
3. While we are on the subject of LinkedIn recommendations, only your 1st and 2nd degree connections as well as those people who are members of the same groups as you can see you recommendations. LinkedIn should enable anyone logged into LinkedIn to see your recommendations. A while back I commented on this along with a way for others to see your LinkedIn recommendations. By logging into your LinkedIn account you are able to see my references whether or not we are members of the same group or a 1st or 2nd degree connection. http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikeklubok
4. When you see a contact’s connections, you can only see 10 at a time. LinkedIn should allow you to see up to 100 connections at a time as opposed to 10 at a time. Even when I do a search within a contact’s connections, only 10 at a time show.
5. When you see that a contact commented on a discussion, clicking on the discussion from where it mentions your contact should take you directly to that person’s comment. You should not have to potentially search all over the post for it.
LinkedIn is great for connecting with others for meaningful business relationships. Making these changes would enhance the LinkedIn experience.
If you want to know more about using LinkedIn or other computer issues, I can be contacted at (917) 572-3468 or email me email@example.com .
My Facebook page provides information on the current goings on in the technology field. There are tips to better use your technology. For timely information, please visit and "Like" my page.
Computer Concierge NY LLC provides expert computer and technology services in the Queens, NY area. This includes Albertson, Bayside, Bayside Hills, Bay Terrace, Bellerose, College Point, Douglaston, Floral Park, Flushing, Forest Hills, Great Neck, Jamaica Estates, Kew Gardens, Kings Point, Lake Success, Manhasset, Mineola, Munsey Park, New Hyde Park, North Hills, North Shore Towers, Oakland Gardens, Plandome, Rego Park, Roslyn, The Bay Club, Thomaston, University Gardens, Williston Park, Whitestone and Other Areas in the Bayside NY vicinity. Our web services are provided worldwide.