Well here are 5 ways to free up space on your iPhone or iPad. Note that when I refer to iPhone, phone, etc I also mean iPad.
- Delete unneeded apps – All of those apps that are on your phone. Do you need all of them? I mean do you really need every single app that is on your phone? Before you answer “Yes” to this question, go through all your apps and delete those you don’t need. You may find quite a few that you have not used in a while because you truly don’t need them. Delete those and free up some of that cramped space on your phone.
- Delete and reinstall apps – Apps like Facebook and LinkedIn can take up quite a bit of space. To find out which apps are taking up the most space go into Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage, then tap Manage Storage under the Storage heading. Wait about a minute or so for this to complete and you will see how much storage your apps are taking up. Your iPhone or iPad does not have an option to clear cache like an Android unit does. To do so you need to delete the apps taking up the most space and reinstall them. I know this can be a pain but you may be surprised at how much space you get back.
- Delete Pictures and Videos – Just like apps, you probably do not need to keep all the pictures on your phone. Go through your pictures and delete any you do not need. Keep in mind that videos on your phone can eat up memory depending on its size. You also can install Google Photos on your phone. By selecting your upload size to be “high quality”, you can store an unlimited number of pictures in the cloud.
- Clean Out Text Messages – Depending on how many text messages you have on your phone, they can take up quite a bit of space especially if they have attachments. You can set your messages to automatically delete by going to Settings > Messages > Under "Keep Messages" > Set it to 30 days or 1 Year. Don’t leave it on “Forever” You also can delete conversations by periodically swiping on a message thread and tapping delete.
- Upgrade to an iPhone 7 or if you are getting a new iPad get one with 32GB or greater storage. I debated whether or not to include this one but yes, buying a new iPhone is a way to get more space on it. You will be getting quite a bit of free space by going from 16GB. If you are running low on storage and know that you will be upgrading soon you would need to free up a minimal amount of space if any. If you are getting an earlier version iPhone, my suggestion is to get one with at least 32GB of memory.
If you have questions about freeing up space on your iPhone or another computer issue, I can be reached at (917) 572-3468 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also remember that you can sign up to receive an email whenever I write a new blog post that will help you to make better use of your technology or send a newsletter by entering your email address below. It may save you some money and we all could use more of that. This is FREE and your email address will not be sold to anyone else.
Computer Concierge NY LLC provides expert computer and technology services in the Queens, NY area. This includes Albertson, Bayside, Bayside Hills, Bay Terrace, Bellerose, College Point, Douglaston, Flushing, Forest Hills, Great Neck, Jamaica Estates, Kew Gardens, Lake Success, Manhattan, Mineola, New Hyde Park, North Hills, North Shore Towers, Oakland Gardens, Plandome, Rego Park, Roslyn, The Bay Club, Thomaston, Williston Park, Whitestone and Other Areas in the , Bayside and Forest HillsNY vicinity. Our web services are provided worldwide.